"...They will tell you life is sweet, in spite of the misery..." - Natalie Merchant

This is us. We live in a bus. A blue bus, in Hawaii to be exact. Some days it's wonderful, and some days are really hard.... but any time I call the cell phone company or any other company to pay a bill or say that I moved they say,"oh, Hawaii eh? That must be rough". So, somehow we missed the memo that if you live in Hawaii your life must be perfect. Well, hopefully this blog will set you straight:) Our life is not perfect by any means. But it IS full of adventure, which is just what we asked for!

Monday, October 18, 2010

Setting Out

Still in Boise... everything that we owned - most of it hand picked so that when you came to our abode you would get a general feeling of, "yeah this is the home of Johnny and Dani"- has pretty much been sold and given away. It has been painful and freeing. Things that defined us, that we didn't even know had such a hold on us, are gone... and we are still us. The biggest thing is my (I should say 'our' but I really love that truck, man I never thought I would have one so nice) truck has sold, it is going to a good and loving home and I am happy for it and for the family that it will serve, but it's tough to let go. We are going for better things, to be a family and nothing more, to put our roots down in a new place and explore new things. Man was really meant to live in a warm place I think, originally we had no clothes, right? So, logically we should live in a place where that could be an option, although I would still like everyone to be clothed, it's the idea behind the thing that I am getting at. I am excited for adventure, for change, for growing, for trusting, for seeking and for finding, man we only get one chance to do all this, and I am stoked about what lies in front of our family!
-Johnny

3 comments:

  1. So glad to hear that you guys are off on an adventure!! What are your plans in Hawaii?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are going to do work-trade on organic farms at first... then get jobs and a house after that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Your kids will be naked all the time! It was all I could do to keep a swimsuit on Lola while we were there. It was great!

    ReplyDelete